Temporary Part Time Clinical Secretary 6
Until approximately July 24, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Clerical functions of the patient care unit, reception duties including transcribing doctors’ orders, basic data entry and retrieval and ordering of supplies. Assists in coordinating activities in the unit to ensure smooth and efficient unit function.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Post secondary medical secretarial or health office administration diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required;
• Medical terminology
• Previous ward clerk or related office environment experience
• Ability to transcribe doctors’ orders quickly
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high stress environment
• Familiarity with hospital office equipment such as computers, laser printers, Addressograph, telephones, fax machines and photocopiers
• Knowledge of computer software – Microsoft Office, electronic mail, ability to input doctor’s orders
• Previous experience in maintaining statistical information an asset
• Effective communication and organization skills
• Good attendance record