Part Time & Temporary Part-Time Registered Practical Nurse Opportunities Available!!
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts, Days/Evenings/Weekends
The Registered Practical Nurse assists in the co-ordination of total nursing care for an assigned group of hemodialysis patients. The RPN works closely with other nursing staff and patient team personnel, in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice within the clinical setting. Works with patients on a long-term basis while demonstrating knowledge of care for the chronic kidney disease patient. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Future opportunity to work with hemodialysis patients in the satellite units.
• Current registration (in good standing) with College of Nurses of Ontario
• 2 years (full time equivalent) experience in Medical Surgical nursing
• Hemodialysis experience preferred
• Completion of health assessment course preferred
• Demonstrated assessment skills and the ability to function independently
• Demonstrated communication skills necessary to interact with interdisciplinary team, patients, significant others, and general public
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in caring for chronic patients and families
• Skilled in BG testing, 12 lead EKG’s, vital sign monitoring, IV therapy, aseptic technique and oxygen therapy.
• Responsible, energetic individual with above average ability to prioritize and organize in a busy environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative care environment
• Demonstrated positive relationships with other health care professionals and able to contribute to development of an environment conducive to excellent patient care
• Ability to respond to emergency situations by rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient needs
• Demonstrated evidence of recent continuing education
• Basic computer skills
• Good attendance record