Temporary Part Time Registered Practical Nurse
Until approximately March 31, 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 and 11.25 Hour shifts
Days and Evenings – Monday , Wednesday, Friday
The Registered Practical Nurse assists in the co-ordination of total nursing care for an assigned group of hemodialysis patients. The RPN works closely with other nursing staff and patient team personnel, in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice within the clinical setting. Works with patients on a long-term basis while demonstrating a knowledge of care for the chronic kidney disease patient. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
May be required to work in other In-Center hemodialysis areas as needed.
• Current registration (in good standing) with College of Nurses of Ontario
• 3 years (full time equivalent) Acute nursing experience preferred.
• Current relevant Hemodialysis experience preferred
• Demonstrated successful completion of Renal Orientation.
• Completion of health assessment course preferred
• Demonstrated assessment skills and the ability to function independently
• Demonstrated communication skills necessary to interact with interdisciplinary team, patients, significant others, and general public
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in caring for chronic patients and families effectively.
• Skilled in BG testing, 12 lead EKG’s, vital sign monitoring, IV therapy, aseptic technique and oxygen therapy.
• Responsible, energetic individual with above average ability to prioritize and organize in a busy environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative care environment
• Demonstrated positive relationships with other health care professionals and able to contribute to the development of an environment conducive to excellent patient care
• Ability to respond to emergency situations by rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient needs
• Demonstrated evidence of recent continuing education
• Basic computer skills
• Good attendance record