Temporary Part Time Registered Technologist EMG
Until Approximately December 27, 2019
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts
Monday to Friday
The incumbent will be responsible for the performance of EMG studies on referred patients and for the administrative functions associated with operation of the EMG Lab. The technologist also performs the financial, human resource, statistical compilation and supplies inventory control necessary for day to day lab operation. The technologist will work under the leadership of a neurologist in multi-disciplinary, hospital based outpatient and inpatient clinic environment with emphasis on continuing education. The candidate will prepare recordings and reports for interpretation by neurologists. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology or related biological science.
• Graduation with Diploma of Technology in one year directly related experience and certification with the Canadian Board of Registration of E.M.G technologists or equivalent combination of education training and experience
• Understanding of neuromuscular anatomy and physiology, electrophysiological equipment and electronic principles.
• Literacy with computers utilized as a component of the diagnostics equipment in the laboratory.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically both verbally and/or written with all members of the health care team, the patient and his/her family.
• BRETC registration required
• Dual Registration (BRETC and CBRET) an asset
• Experience with evoked potential testing an asset
• Must have initiative and good judgment
• A preference of 2 years of active experience performing EMG and Nerve Conduction studies with knowledge of neuromuscular disorders and electrophysiology
• Basic Cardiac Life Support provider as certified by the Ontario Heart and Stroke Foundation.
• Good attendance record