Part Time ONA Registered Nurse
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts
Working within the Surgery, Medicine, Oncology and Emergency Departments, the Registered Nurse (RN) will function as a key member of an interdisciplinary team providing patient care within the scope of professional nursing practices.
Promotes collaborative team practice through analysis of outcomes on an ongoing basis. Utilizes evidence-based practice as a base in the promotion of professional accountability. The RN acts as a role model and provides consultation and intervention with other members of the health care team. Demonstrates leadership in effective, efficient utilization of resources. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current Registration Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses Association
• BCLS required
• Minimum of 1 year Float Pool Nursing experience working within Medicine/Surgery and Oncology
• Ability to respond to emergency situations; rapidly identifying priorities and complex patient care needs
• Demonstrated assessment skills and the ability to function independently
• Demonstrated teaching, communication, interpersonal and team building skills required
• Develop and utilize research based teaching and resource material
• Good attendance record
**A comprehensive orientation will be provided