HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour shifts
Monday – Friday, Days
Clerical functions of the outpatient clinic, including, but not limited to reception duties, transcribing doctors’ orders, patient registration, patient scheduling, data entry/retrieval and ordering of supplies. A strong emphasis on working with computer software as per unit requirements. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Graduate of a community college program in health office administration required
• Clerical experience in an ambulatory care setting required
• Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task in a very busy clinical environment.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with both patients and the multidisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology required.
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience in Patient registration process and scheduling required
• Self-directed individual who practices confidentiality and discretion
• Good attendance record
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 10:00 A.M. ON September 17, 2019
Attention UNIFOR Members: Effective June 1, 2013, applications for postings outside a candidate’s home unit/department will not be considered if no résumé has been provided.
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources or your Recruitment Specialist for assistance.
EMPLOYEES OF GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION ELECTRONICALLY USING THE EMPATH SYSTEM
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.