Unscheduled Part-Time Registered Practical Nurse
HOURS OF WORK: 11.25 hour shifts Days/Nights/Weekends
Responsible for the provision and coordination of care for postpartum women and neonates within a family/patient centered care framework. Contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current Certificate of Competence from College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current BCLS required.
• Recent, relevant experience in postpartum nursing required. Graduate nurses who have completed their final practicum consolidation in obstetrics may be considered.
• New Graduates and applicants with minimal postpartum. experience may be considered if completed or enrolled in a perinatal certificate course.
• Applicants will be required to obtain their perinatal certificate after hire.
• Successful completion of an 18hr breastfeeding course preferred.
• Current NRP Provider status is required. Applicants not holding NRP provider status may be considered however as a condition of hire, certification must be obtained prior to unit orientation.
• Commitment to patient and family-centred care.
• Commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good attendance record.