Full Time Renal Charge Technologist
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 Hours – Days, with Evenings, Weekends and On-call as required based on operational needs
Duties include the following and are not limited to: support the daily operations and maintenance of water systems and hemodialysis equipment in-facility and in home environments. Also supports regional CRRT equipment. This includes following the standards to ensure quality water treatment to serve patients that are in-facility or at home. Takes a leadership role in promoting the use of technology to enhance clinical outcomes. Involved with the daily scheduling; training and recruitment of renal technologists. Actively involved in the RFP process of new equipment and procurement policies. Ensure there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Recent technical experience in the posted area preferred.
• OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists) certification preferred.
• Successful completion of leadership courses and/or related experience preferred.
• Extensive electronics and computer systems knowledge.
• Completion of diploma or degree at an accredited post secondary institution of Biomedical Engineering Technology or Dialysis Technology.
• Three to five years recent and relevant technical and clinical experience in dialysis technical maintenance and quality assurance.
• Working knowledge of documentation systems that support monthly statistical reporting of hemodialysis machine and water system maintenance.
• Sound knowledge of dialysis technology, biomedical equipment safety and regulatory process.
• Certified to work on all equipment that is serviced in the dialysis program.
• Demonstrated skillset in project management..
• Demonstrated flexibility and resilience to work in a quickly changing environment (in-facility and home).
• Demonstrated leadership, and excellent critical thinking skills.
• Highly developed problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, multitasking and time management skills.
• Ability to perform in a patient-focused interdisciplinary team environment.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Use of personal vehicle for travel.
• Excellent attendance record.