Casual Registered Pharmacy Technician
Health Care Centre Pharmacy (Retail)
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts; Days; 08:30 – 1800 Monday – Friday & 0900 – 1700 Saturdays (once every7weeks)
The Health Centre Pharmacy provides a unique opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary health care team in the provision of community pharmacy services – prescriptions and OTC medications and medical supplies. In addition, services are provided to Hospital staff and to patients of the Hospital’s specialty clinics and the Grand River Regional Cancer Centre. The Regulated Pharmacy Technician is a key team member in marketing a customer-focused service. The successful candidate should be knowledgeable about pharmacy regulations and issues relating to staff and patient safety within the work environment and be dedicated to continuous quality improvement in the preparation and safe delivery of medications.
The Regulated Pharmacy Technician will:
• Interpret and enter prescription information into the computer system in order to generate profiles and medication labels. Nexxys/Pharmaclik Rx software knowledge will be an asset.
• Accurately dispense and compound medication
• Inventory management – order and receive supplies, stock rotation, expiry date checks, return and arrange credit for outdated items.
• Pharmacy Technician Diploma from an Accredited 2 year Program is required
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum two years Pharmacy Technician experience in a retail pharmacy setting is a mandatory requirement
• Prior experience in a hospital RETAIL pharmacy will be an asset
• Certification and proof of registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in an independent and cooperative manner
• Working knowledge of chemotherapeutic agents would be an asset
• Good attendance record