Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts
Provision of exemplary care that is patient focused, and based on current best evidence. Provision of education and support to families in a safe, efficient and responsive manner. Collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to support a safe, productive, and respectful working environment.
• Valid license with the College of Nurses Of Ontario
• One year or more of recent experience in Neonatal ICU (level II or III) preferred.
• Completion of or current progress toward completion of the Neonatal Nursing Certification (college certificate), or CNA Neonatal Nursing Certification.
• Current NRP certification.
• Completion of breastfeeding course(s)
• Good attendance record
Demonstrated skill in:
• Ability to adapt to changes in care based on best evidence
• Excellent neonatal assessment skills
• Care of the neonate requiring respiratory support - non-invasive and short term invasive ventilation
• Care of infants requiring enteral and parenteral nutrition
• Developmentally supportive care of the at risk neonate
• Neonatal venipuncture and capillary blood sampling
• Care of central lines, intravenous medication administration and fluid management.
• Experience with computer based documentation
• Highly motivated & self-directed
• Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with patient/families and colleagues
• High level of maturity and professionalism
• Compassionate and understanding
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Flexible and able to balance competing priorities
• Reflective practitioner