Full Time Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 hour Day shifts
The ACNP will work collaboratively with physicians, nursing, allied health and management to facilitate holistic, high level and cost effective care to a specific patient population. The ACNP role crosses the boundaries into traditional medical practice, extending beyond the role of the Registered Nurse.
The ACNP provides care through the use of medical directives within the hospital setting with a defined group of physicians and patients.
The ACNP will partner with the Intake Coordinator daily for review of complex continuing care program applications. The ACNP will check in with the nursing staff and review the physician communication notifications on a daily basis. The ACNP will assess and treat any new issues that are listed/raised. When advised by the attending physician, the ACNP will follow-up on any outstanding issues or concerning patients and review any new labs/diagnostics. The ACNP may complete admissions as negotiated with the attending/covering physician. The ACNP will call the attending/covering physician to discuss any complex cases.
• Available for nursing consultation on complex cases across CCC-Rehab.
• Provide clinical support to units when and where physicians are absent.
• Provide multidisciplinary and family meeting support as needed to support discharge planning. Lead multidisciplinary team meetings for all patients with a renewed focus on moving patients through to final destination.
• Participate in committees: Freeport Resource Nurse Committee; Resuscitation committee; other committees as assigned.
• ACLS support for the Pain Clinic on designated days.
The candidate will contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
• Nurse Practitioner certificate required
• Master’s prepared in a health related discipline
• BCLS required
• Recent experience and a comprehensive knowledge base and demonstrated clinical competence in the areas of Complex Medical Care, Mechanical Ventilation, Rehabilitation and Medicine preferred
• Ability to function within a collaborative practice model required
• Evidence of strong mentoring, teaching, team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and documentation skills
• Experience with research methodology, program development and evaluation
• Ability to manage change and to foster an environment which promotes a patient-centred care philosophy
• In addition to critical thinking skills, is self-directive with problem solving ability and ability to work independently in collaboration with an interprofessional team
• Good attendance record