Part Time Registered Practical Nurse
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts
The Registered Practical Nurse assists in the co-ordination of total nursing care for an assigned group of patients. The RPN works closely with other nursing staff and patient team personnel, in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice within the clinical setting.
The position requires heavy work, involves pushing and pulling moderate and heavy objects, extensive physical movements (walking, crouching). Majority of time spent working with patients with varying degrees of physical and cognitive impairments.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Preference given to individuals with previous experience in a Restorative Care Model
• BCLS and GPA required
• Code White training required
• Strong interdisciplinary team skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good attendance record