POSITION: Unscheduled Part-Time Clinical Secretary 6
HOURS OF WORK: 11.25 hour shifts Days, evenings and weekends
JOB SUMMARY: Clerical function of the patient care unit including but not limited to reception duties, transcribing doctor’s orders, purchasing and requisition
submission, maintaining and updating bed board. Also contributes to
ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Post secondary medical secretarial or health office administration diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Medical terminology is required
• Recent ward clerk experience in an acute inpatient medical unit preferred
• Ability to transcribe doctor’s orders required
• Working expert knowledge of ALC processes and data entry in STAR preferred.
• Knowledge of all hospital computer software and MS Office preferred
• Familiarity with Hospital office equipment such as: lab printers, addressograph, telephones and companion phones, fax machines and photocopiers
• Effective communication and organization skills and ability to transition and manage a constantly changing environment
• Excellent attendance record