POSITION: Full-time Integrated Laboratory Manager- Microbiology
• The Integrated Manager – Microbiology will manage the microbiology team at GRH but will also support the Microbiology needs at both Grand River Hospital and St. Mary’s General Hospital.
• Together with medical, technical and clerical resources co-ordinates, integrates and implements quality improvement activities within the Integrated Department of Laboratory Medicine.
• Participates in annual internal audits to ensure IQMH accreditation inspection preparedness.
• Maintains expertise in all aspects of microbiology and works in partnership with Infection Control and Microbiologist.
• Participation in Joint Committees throughout both organizations.
• Summarizes and reports QI activities and results within the department and to hospital committees as required.
• Conducts client satisfaction surveys as required by accreditation standards.
• Provide support for the preparation of work schedules and time records.
• Liaise with vendors and representatives of commercial companies as well as the Department of Purchasing and Stores.
• Quality Assurance and Risk Management analyses and reports, Quality Improvement projects.
• Updating of procedure manuals.
• Review of routine maintenance of equipment maintenance, repair costs etc.
• Participation in preparation of Operating, Capital, Staffing and Support Budgets for Microbiology.
• Escalates issues to the Integrated Administrative Director for support as required.
• Completes evaluation and performance standards on staff every 2 years.
• Responsible for hiring/discipline of staff.
• Relationship building within the organizations to improve the lab deliverables.
• MLT with minimum 5 to 7 years laboratory management experience with preference given to experience in Microbiology and Quality.
• Current CMLTO registration.
• The desire to provide quality, patient-centered care.
• Genuine intent to foster the long-term learning and development of others
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills needed to support and enhance inter-professional collaborations and promote quality management among all stakeholders
• Ability to manage conflict and cultivate a respectful workplace
• Operating and Capital budget planning experience
• Experience with the management of a unionized team
• Knowledge of IQMH and the requirements
• Knowledge of statistical analysis (six sigma) Good attendance record