POSITION: Clinical Manager - Oncology Outpatient Program - Full Time
As an integral member of the Grand River Hospital leadership team, the Clinical Manager embraces, promotes and models the mission, vision and values of the Grand River Hospital Corporation as well as the oncology program through excellence in multi-disciplinary team building, a focus on quality and utilization, effective communication, and performance management.
She/he manages the day to day operations of her/his unit(s) to meet the objectives of the GRH strategic and operating plans, as well as the Waterloo Wellington Regional Cancer Plan. In collaboration with the program leadership team, she/he ensures alignment within and across programs.
The Clinical Manager ensures the development of effective partnerships within the team through multidisciplinary team building and development and effective decision-making processes.
The Clinical Manager ensures excellence in care provision through a focus on quality, safety and effectiveness of care delivery, development of effective processes and monitoring of utilization within her/his portfolio.
The Clinical Manager tracks, monitors and reports significant variances, emerging themes, key issues, threats and proposed strategies to address the issues.
• Undergraduate degree in health science required
• Master preparation in a health science preferred
• Minimum of three years’ experience in an ambulatory health care environment, an oncology setting is preferred
• Oncology certification preferred CON(c)
• DeSouza certification preferred
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a management or leadership role in a health services environment preferably in acute care
• Member in good standing with the related professional College
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to evidence based, patient-focused care philosophy
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement quality improvement initiatives
• Ability to work collaboratively with frontline staff to identify and resolve quality issues
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate effective multidisciplinary teams
• Strong communicator and proven ability to facilitate the timely resolution of patient and family issues in collaboration with the team
• Ability to implement and manage unit specific HR functions such as employee rewards, recognition, discipline, hiring, and conducting bi-annual performance reviews
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
• Demonstrated competency to work with a variety of computer applications and software
• Good attendance record